How to Cultivate Connection
We all desire to have close friends within our communities, but it can seem so challenging to see that desire come to fruition! So what can we do? How can we work to create an environment where deep and meaningful friendships can form? This is exactly the question I was hoping to address at a women's event at my church recently. Below you can listen to my teaching on How to Cultivate Community where I discussed 8 ways we can all work to create environments in our churches where friendship and community can blossom. Enjoy!
How Can We Cultivate Connection?
1. KEEP THE FIRST COMMANDMENT FIRST — MARK 12:28-31
2. LOOK TO GOD IN YOUR LONELINESS — GENESIS 2:18
3. LET JESUS BE THE MEDIATOR — 1 TIMOTHY 2:5-6
4. SPEAK THE TRUTH IN LOVE — EPHESIANS 4:25-27
5. KILL FAVORITISM — JAMES 2:1-4
6. PURSUE DIVERSE FRIENDSHIPS— 1 CORINTHIANS 12:21-26
7. ACCEPT YOUR LIMITATIONS — MARK 14:32-34
8. LEARN TO GIVE LOVE, NOT GET LOVE — JOHN 15:12-13